Knipex recently introduced a number of new products in Europe that are beginning to make their way to the North American market. One of the most interesting designs in my opinion is the new Knipex 91 13 250 Tile Breaking Pliers which is essentially a 10″ Pliers Wrench with a specialized soft plastic jaw (replaceable) to aide in breaking tiles and/or porcelain stoneware (after scoring with a tile cutter).
Knipex 91 19 250 01 Spare Jaw for Tile Breaking Pliers – Available at KC Tool
Knipex also introduced 2 new long reach needle nose pliers each of which are 280mm long (11 inches) and are great for mechanics or anyone who needs long reach pliers.
Knipex states these are good “for gripping, adjustment and assembly work in hard to reach areas thanks to slim, very long design deep parts can be easily reached using the slim, half-round tips.”
Knipex 28 71 280 – Available at KC Tool
Knipex 28 81 280 – Available at KC Tool
Last but not least is a new design from Knipex: Needle-Nose Combination Pliers.
- Handy use when working in confined areas thanks to slim head design and pointed jaws (anti-twist)
- Gripping surfaces with special convex contour on one side for secure gripping of flat parts
- Milled groove in the gripping area permits small parts such as nails, pins and bolts to be held and pulled
- The reliable and diverse combination pliers when out and about
- Easy cutting thanks to the high leverage joint
- with cutting edges for soft, medium-hard and hard wire
- long service life and stable tips
- forged from special high grade tool steel, manifold oil-hardened
Currently only the MultiGrip model is available in the United States but the vinyl (plastic) grip handle version (08 21 145) should be available by mid-September 2016.
Knipex 08 22 145 – Available at KC Tool
Knipex 08 21 145 – Available at KC Tool September 2016
Stay tuned for more new Knipex tool announcements!